Forest health alerts & updates on emerging threats to Georgia's forests.
- Destructive Tree Pest Detected in Georgia - 2013
An invasive insect, emerald ash borer (EAB), has been detected in Georgia for the first time.
- FAQs about EAB in Georgia - 2013
- Frequently asked questions about emerald ash borer.
- Thousand Cankers Disease - 2010 Georgia Update
- The recent find of thousand cankers disease (TCD) near Knoxville, TN prompted the release of this document.
- New Ambrosia Beetle Detected
- Information revised in 2010.
- Longleaf Pine Mortality - Rhizoctonia blight
- In October 2009, a Georgia Forestry Commission forester observed three year old longleaf pine seedlings with discolored, soft and wilting needles, dead terminal buds, and near total mortality in a field.